Two labourers working for the Delhi Jal Board (DJB) died Saturday after inhaling poisonous fumes while cleaning a sewage treatment plant in east Delhi’s Kondli area, police said.
According to police, Moolchand, 45, entered the sewage plant with his shift in-charge Dileep, 42, around 11 a.m., but the duo soon fell unconscious after inhaling poisonous gases from the tank. Five other workers, who rushed in to save the duo, too fell unconscious.
“Other workers present there managed to pull them out. All seven men were rushed to the Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital, where Dileep and Moolchand died. The other five are now out of danger,” a police official said.