New Delhi: The scorching summer heat should be no excuse to skip your workout. From headgear, fabric and even your brassiere, pick the right gear to beat the heat during your fitness regime, says an expert.
Iqbal Nandra, director of EveryWear and a fashion expert, shares some tips on what will keep you comfortable during workout:
* Stay on top: Full cleavage coverage doesn't have to mean sweating it out in a frumpy, uncomfortable top. Breathable tanks or camis featuring wicking material will keep you cool and help you feel the breeze.
* Light is right: Experts recommend you wear lightweight, light-coloured and loose-fitting/seamless clothing. Also avoid dark colours as dark clothes absorb the sun's heat. Lightweight, light colours or white reflect the light and heat.
* Bra-vo: For women, sports bras are usually essential for outdoor activities. Look for bras that provide ventilation and comfort when temperature soars. Pair with a bright pair of leggings or shorts.
* Head start: Be a cool girl in more ways than one. Look for headbands made of polyester or microfiber that wicks away moisture and keeps your hair in place.
* Drink problem: When you sweat, your body loses not only water, but electrolytes and salt, too. This delicate balance of water and electrolytes is crucial to keep your body functioning properly. So drink plenty of water.
* Timing is everything: Avoid exercising from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. It's the hottest part of the day. Generally, the early morning is the best time to workout.
* Sunscreen is a must: It's important to protect your skin. You can get burned and suffer sun damage to your skin even on cloudy days.