New Delhi: Be it something as simple as jogging or as fun as zumba, there are various simple cardio exercises that can help in weight loss, says an expert.
Pankaj Arora, Technogym, shares some simple cardio workouts to burn calories:
* Jogging: Jogging is an ideal way to work every part of your body and shed some unwanted calories in order to achieve the best calorie-burning potential.
* Kettlebell: The basic exercises that are done with a Kettlebell are whole body exercises. This means that they make your body work hard and burn a lot more calories than what the basic isolation exercises like crunches or curls do.
* Circuit training: Circuit training is a bunch of aerobic exercises mixed up with resistance training to deliver a high intensity workout. These exercises are performed one after the other in a circuit with minimal rest in-between.
* Swimming: Swimming, freestyle (or with the butterfly or breast stroke) can burn up to 350 calories per 30 minutes.
* Outdoor cycling: As compared to indoor group cycling, outdoor forms can do a lot more for your overall fitness levels as it challenges you with different terrains and difficult routes. The amount of calories burnt in cycling usually depends on your speed and the resistance of the route used.
* Jumping/Skipping rope: Simple yet effective. Jumping rope for a few minutes can do wonders for your body weight. It works for your entire body and helps you achieve hand-eye coordination.
* Kickboxing: Kickboxing is primarily known for developing great cardiovascular fitness, and unlike running, cycling and other popular cardio activities, it works the whole body while hitting the core muscles hard too.
* Zumba: Zumba proposes to offer a large calorie burn through high-tempo aerobic activity coupled with interval training. Based on various factors such as body weight, gender, fitness level and other physical factors, you can burn up to 400 to 600 calories per hour.
* High Intensity Interval Training: HIIT sessions are only 15-20 minutes long if you minus the warming up and warming down session. For best results, you should go for HIIT training every second to third day. This is because whenever you do reps, you perform them with greater intensity.
* Stair training: Stair exercises will help you increase your cardiovascular stamina and will also tone your lower body. It might be a little tiring at the beginning but with persistence, soon you will notice that you can perform several other tasks with and improve your everyday performance.